Teatime in StockholmTeatime in Stockholm

You know, such indiesnob wannabes...

Monday, August 20, 2007

 
Life on the beach is easy

I've been in Sardinia for a couple of weeks, driving around mountains, shores and harbours with local friends, and looking for wild places to put down the tent. We ended up renting clean rooms from very kind old ladies who live in the country and who had decided that cheap Bed & Beakfasts are more lucrative than sheeps. They talked to us in hard dialect and friends translated for me.
I spent all the time under the sun and into the sea. I've never been so much suntanned in ages! After many years of "indie holidays" I had forgot how good I can feel living just this way. The smell of salt on warm skin getting dry when you lay down after a long and quiet swim.
One day we arrived in Scivu, a long line of white sand in the south of the island with nothing around for kilometers except hills and dunes. There were just about fifty people all over the beach, but it's that kind of place that makes you wish there was absolutely no one.
The wind was strong from north-west, but the waves were lazy, as if the sea had a hung-over and was going to fall asleep. The sky was bright and blue like a photoshop effect. A girl was slowly walking in our direction talking with a boy. I couldn't see her well because I had the sun in my eyes, but for a second I really thought it was you. Impossible, there, but still a surprise and a memory so clear that made me hold my breath for a while.
Hope you're having good holidays too, and eveything is fine up there.
I'll write you soon, ciao.

>>>(video) Envelopes - Life On the Beach

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   July 2007   August 2007   December 2007   January 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?