Teatime in StockholmTeatime in Stockholm

You know, such indiesnob wannabes...

Monday, April 30, 2007

 
Tonight I Have To Leave It

The other day I found in the letter box the little packet from Bengans with the new Shout Out Louds album. Have you heard it? I'm listening to it on repeat, and I'm not sure I should. I feel a lump in my throat. There's a deep sense of loss and distance in these songs, but somehow they shine. They're just not sad or slow, and they don't have particularly brilliant or original words. It's just that they sound like the mood I am in.
Everytime I hear a Shout Out Louds song, I remember the pictures of Emmaboda 2004, when we met them and we didn't know they were already quite famous, the party at the bar with spanish girls, all those drunk laughs at the camera, everybody dancing. And now there is this song, it's saying "I don't want to see the same pictures all over". Yeah, true.
You stop missing something when something new takes its place. When you get just used to the lack of it, it's a different feeling.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   July 2007   August 2007   December 2007   January 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?