Teatime in StockholmTeatime in Stockholm

You know, such indiesnob wannabes...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 
Busy doing nothing

Saturday I got the keys of what is going to become my new apartment. So I went there, with my radio and a bag full of cleaners. I stepped inside and I stood in the middle of those two empty white small rooms. The furniture will not arrive before a couple of weeks. It was warm and dark inside. I took a breath in silence. Since the apartment is on the ground floor, I could hear all the people above flushing. Oh, lovely crumbling old buildings. I opened the windows. Outside there was one of the last bright and sunny afternoon before autumn. I listened for a while to my neighbours talking loud and laughing. I think they're russian or something. Then I decided to start working. I went inside and turned on the radio randomly. And the first song that has been played in my new house is I Saw Her In The Anti-War Demonstration by Jens Lekman. Damn, and it was my radio station as well! A song about being sixteen and falling irreparably in love and feeling alone... I really wonder when the whole thing about being adult will begin (if it will ever).

I'm happy about what you wrote, and it's good that "The Doing Nothing Project" is working. Maybe one day I'll learn too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   July 2007   August 2007   December 2007   January 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?